CHris
    Audi 90 quattro (Typ 85)
    20v turbo conversion

sigpic

Comment

is that your quattro alongside the s2 ?

Comment

I've never wanted time to go so fast!

On a plus side, it's given the opportunity to try out a few different hire cars, but it's just made me miss mine even more. I've had an Astra, Vectra, 307, Corsa and Avensis. The Corsa went back pretty quickly. It may have been Which? Car of the Year, but it just felt too small. The Astra and Vectra had cruise control, hence a trip to Sal for the parts so that it could be retro-fitted to my S2. New cars seem to lack character and I can't see me straying far from the four rings once I need something that's family-friendly (which is a long way off yet).
        David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Owed a beer you say? That sounds like a good reason to show my face at some sort of forum meet for once. If I ever get my car back. Which will be celebrating its 3 month anniversary of being in the bodyshop tomorrow. Yipee. Still back on subject The car looks really good,did you move the aerial to the heated rear screen?

Comment

Hope you get yours back soon!

When I bought it there was already an aerial on the inside of the windscreen, which is what started the idea of smoothing the lines of the car by removing the exterior aerial not being used. Reception isn't great though and I can usually only get the more major stations. I do have a Blaupunkt replacement that is wires that go around the windscreen, like some BWMs I think, and I'm hoping this will be an improvement.
            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by volcano rs View Post
              is that your quattro alongside the s2 ?
              Chris'? It's not mine. I don't have deep enough pockets for two of these money-pits!

MAF into pipework. Corey'll swage the ends next week and then that's another task done.
              David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

It's nice to see another old 3B getting a good make-over.

I'm not sure I like that colour on a Coupé mind, but I don't have to. I thought about a colour change on my car while the engine bay was completely empty, but I chose the car and colour for a good reason.
                SS

Comment

Originally posted by 4WheelDrifter View Post
                  It's nice to see another old 3B getting a good make-over.
                  Absolutely!

S2 Coupe 3B Project

Ur quattro restoration

S2 Avant

Boost is the new rock and roll!
                  sigpic

Comment

old 3B
                    It's REALLY old: Jan 1991, so there can't be many older out there. I wasn't even in secondary school when it rolled out of the factory!
                    David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Mine's not that old. Late May 1991 I believe it was made. There are a few 1990 cars about. I was looking for an early one on an H plate, but settled for a later one.
                      SS

Comment

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
                        It's REALLY old: Jan 1991, so there can't be many older out there. I wasn't even in secondary school when it rolled out of the factory!
                        Nice exhaust manifold
                        Have you changed to a 034 ecu?

Think mine was first registered 27/01/1991
                        Chef

Comment

Originally posted by newsh View Post
                          Absolutely!
                          photos don't do this car justice it looks
                          when you see it face to face
                          1. SHORT SHIFT KIT
                          2. PORSCHE CAYENNE CALIPERS
                          3. H & R SPRINGS
                          4. BILSTEIN SHOXS
                          5. NEW BUSHES AND HP2 STRUTS
                          6. UPRATED HIGH OUTPUT COIL PACK
                          7. ,3" turbo back s/s/ exhaust
                          8. fmic fitted

Comment

Originally posted by topsparky View Post
                            photos don't do this car justice it looks
                            when you see it face to face
                            You've seen it more recently than I have! I haven't seen it Noggy in the flesh yet. The last time I was there it was at the paintshop, so I have to make do with the photos for now. Not long though .

Originally posted by terrybullwon View Post
                            Nice exhaust manifold
                            Have you changed to a 034 ecu?

Think mine was first registered 27/01/1991
                            It's a shame the RS2 airbox won't fit with the SQ manifold, but it's hardly going to look OEM under the bonnet now anyway and I have a nice bit of Audi history in there. Hopefully Corey can minimise the heatsoak with a custom build - the carbon should arrive sometime next week.

It's still running on the 3B ECU for now, but I realise I won't be able to go much further without going down the coil per cylinder route. A car PC is in the pipeline, because that's something I can do without any help, so I'd like an ECU I can play with myself ready for when it has more of a track focus and I have a bigger turbo. I'm surprised you swapped to ABY rather than a standalone. Are you using an S4 'box the same as Stu? What are you doing about ProConTen? I don't really want to lose it.

Mine's not that old. Late May 1991 I believe it was made. There are a few 1990 cars about. I was looking for an early one on an H plate, but settled for a later one.
                            13 January 1991. Anyone on here got one that's older? I hope so, else maybe I should've left it completely stock . Oh well, two years too late for that.
                            David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

I'll ask lou (220bhp) as his s2 is on an H plate

edit: just looked it up, first date of registration was 21 01 1991

Comment

Originally posted by S2_Dave View Post
                                It's still running on the 3B ECU for now, but I realise I won't be able to go much further without going down the coil per cylinder route. A car PC is in the pipeline, because that's something I can do without any help, so I'd like an ECU I can play with myself ready for when it has more of a track focus and I have a bigger turbo. I'm surprised you swapped to ABY rather than a standalone. Are you using an S4 'box the same as Stu? What are you doing about ProConTen? I don't really want to loose it.
                                The reason i choose to stick with the oem management was that the car will get regular use and i don't like the idea of setting a cold start up as you only get a one or two goes aday. Also Mihnea is very good at what he does

Maybe i will change to Vems as i have many reasons for this being a good idea

I want to stay with a 5 speed box to save alittle on weight, the DSY boxes are heavy from what i have been told to

The procon ten has already gone
                                Chef

Comment

Working...
                                X